Window 10 is a major release of Windows NT Operating system, developed by Microsoft. It is a successor to Windows 8.1. Windows 10 has been very popular since its launch back in the year 2015.
Microsoft released the last major update for Windows 10 on May 21, 2019. This update is also known as “April 2019 Window 10 update Version 1903” or “Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903.”
This updated version 1903 is available to download and it can be installed via the Window update feature sets. But there is a problem while updating the system. Windows 10 version 1903 won’t install in many devices.
Features Of Windows 10 Version 1903
With every update, Windows comes up with new features. The last major update of Windows 10 was launched in the year 2019. Here are some of the new and best features of Windows 10 version 1903.
- One of the most visual new features is the Light Theme. This gives Windows a clean look. This feature can be enabled from the settings option.
- Introduction of Windows Sandbox. Sandbox is basically a lightweight version of a Virtual Machine. This is a feature for the power users. This feature allows to run untrusted applications in an isolated environment without affecting the system.
- An enhanced search mode has been introduced. By turning on the search option, it will search across all folders and connected drives.
- A new brightness slider in Action Centre has been introduced.
Of course, there are many other new features like Reserved storage, automatic active hours, and many more.
But there is a problem, which is being faced by many during Windows 10 version 1903 update installation.
Reason Why Window 10 Version 1903 Failed To Install
Windows 10 launched its major update back in the year 2019. As usually happens with many Windows updates, in some PC’s the Windows 10 version 1903 update failed to download and install.
There are several reasons behind this problem.
One of the primary reasons why the Windows 10 version 1903 update failed to install is the lack of drive space. If there is not enough space available on the system drive, the update will stop.
Simultaneously, a message will pop up mentioning the update installation failed.
Other than the drive space issue, there are many other reasons behind the update installation failure of the Windows 10 version 1903.
- Presence of any third-party antivirus application restricts the installation.
- Presence of any extra hardware may also restrict the update installation.
- Any third-party security software can also be the reason why Windows 10 version 1903 won’t install.
But there is nothing to worry about. Continue reading the article. How to fix Window feature update and what to do if Windows 10 won’t install updates has been discussed below.
Error Faced While Updating Window 10 Version 1903
As mentioned above, one of the primary reasons behind the update installation failure is the lack of drive space in the system. There are several Windows error messages that are produced if there is an installation problem.
Some of the problems faced while installing the Window 10 version 1903 are:
- Error code 0x8007000E appears.
- It fails to install throwing an error code 0x80242016.
- It gets stuck on “Pending Download.”
- Installation fails at the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error message “BOOT operation with error 0xC1900101 – 0x40017
- It freezes during installation.
These are the error lines that appear on the screen. To combat these errors, there are many methods that one can follow.
By following certain steps, one can easily install the update of Windows 10 version 1903.
How To Force Windows 10 To Update To 1903?
Updating anything online is generally an easy task but it is quite tricky for Windows 10 users. If trying to install the update of Windows 10 version 1903 in the system causes a breakdown, there is a need to force Windows 10 to update version 1903. Here are the steps of how to force Windows 10 to update to 1903.
- Need to move the cursor and identify the C drive. Delete all the files present and start a new with the Windows 10 version 1903 update installation.
- Need to press the window key and open up the Command prompt menu.
- Need to input the phrase “wuauclt.exe/update now”. This command is what forces the Windows update app to check for available updates.
- While the program checks for necessary system updates, there is a need to go back to the command prompt option and enter “wuauclt.exe/update now” again. At this very moment, the system will notify about the progress of Windows 10 version 1903 update installation.
- Back up all the data and files before updating the Windows 10 operating system.
Windows 10 Version 1903 Force Download
As mentioned above, these are the steps of how to force download Windows 10 version 1903. However, the method of force download is not at all recommended. There can be various issues, that may pop up later on. So, the best way if there is any problem in installing updates, is to fix it. Follow this article to get to know what to do if Windows 10 won’t install updates.
Steps To Fix The Update Window 10 Version 1903
There is nothing to worry if Windows 10 version 1903 update won’t install. There are several ways to fix it.
Given below are the steps of how to fix the update of Windows 10 version 1903.
- Firstly, it needs to be checked whether there is any disc space available.
- Download and install the latest Servicing stack update for Windows 10 version 1809.
- Need to remove all external storage media such as USB drives and SD cards.
- Now, there is a need to temporary disable or completely uninstall any third-party antivirus and security programs from the system.
- Following this, there is a need to uninstall the Windows developer Mode.
- There is also a need to disable the drive encryption.
- Now, one must try to fix the Windows updates problem by running the Windows update Troubleshooter.
By following the above steps, one can get to know about the problem, the reason why there is an error in Windows 10 version 1903 update installation.
Transition Of Windows 10 Version 1511 To 1903 Update
The last major update of Windows before version 1903 was Windows 10 version 1511. If there is a task to resurrect a system or a PC with an old disk image, it won’t update because version 151 of Windows 10 is out of date.
If there is an utter need for Windows 10 version 1511, by using Windows 10 upgrade program, there can be a transition of installing updates between Windows 10 version 1511 to 1903.
Feature Windows 10 Update Failed To Install 20h2
Just like version 1903, there are problems while installing Windows 10 20h2 updates. But by running the troubleshoot option, one can get to know about the errors and the obstacles which are being faced while featuring Windows 10 updates.
Just by following the same steps to fix installation problems of Windows 10 version 1903, one can fix the problem of updating the 20h2 version.
More necessarily, one will get to know why Windows 10 update failed to install 20h2.
1.Is it necessary to install version 1903 for Windows 10 update?
A: Yes. An update is basically a way to include all the new features that are being introduced in recent times. So, definitely, it is necessary to install an update of Windows 10 version 1903.
2.Are there any new features added in the version of 1903 of the Windows update?
A: Yes. There are a lot of new features which are available for the Windows 10 version 1903 update.
3.How long it take to install updates of Windows 10 version 1903?
A: There are many complaints regarding why Windows 10 version 1903 takes so long to install. It is true that the Windows 10 version 1903 takes a lot of time to install the updates. The main reason behind this is the large file size that is installed during the updates.
Some common methods of how to fix up if there is installation trouble of Windows 10 version 1903 update, have been discussed.
If Windows 10 version 1903 won’t install in the system, then definitely one can follow the steps given above. By trying the above-mentioned ways, one will surely get rid of his trouble.
Keep reading-Unmountable Boot Volume Windows 10