Having a computer with no complications is impossible. When you deal with technology in your daily life you deal with its problems too. And one of those problems is called windows 10 black screen with cursor no task manager. Ever experienced that?
Well, we did and that is how we were able to get the written solutions to this problem for you.
So, if you are experiencing this problem and if you want to know how to handle this computer malfunctioning, you have to see the details given below.
Table of Content:
- The Black screen issue:
- Securing the Screen:
- People Also Ask
- Frequently Asked Questions
- To Sum Up
The Black Screen Issue
Aren’t these black or blank screens causing as much trouble and irritation as a hanged computer? But solution gets tricky when you don’t know where the problem comes from. So, let us explain to you what this black screen is?
What is a computer black screen on startup windows 10?
This screen often shows up when there’s a connection problem with the screen. Or there can also be the display adapter driver update or system installation issues.
How to find out which one is exactly troubling you and what is the solution to that particular issue? Let’s find that out.
Windows 10 won’t boot black screen with cursor
While we just discussed the reason behind windows stuck on black screen with cursor problem, what is hard in this situation is troubleshooting the issue when the computer is not even starting properly. So, how do you reach the settings or troubleshooting zone? Here’s how to get there:
- Turn on your PC and wait till the windows attempt to load.
- As soon as you see the spinning dots (windows loading), press and hold the power button for 5 – 10 seconds.
- This step will help in performing a Hard Shut Down of the windows. Perform this step twice and then when you will start the PC for the 3rd time, windows will automatically boot into the recovery zone.
- And now that you have finally reached there, you will be able to access system repair, safe mode, command prompt, etc.
- Now, if you know what to do next, go ahead and follow the steps or you can just look at the instructions unfolding for you below.
And now, for those who do not know what to do next after reaching the repair zone of windows to fix the computer black screen with cursor windows 10 issue, below is the rest of the solution guide for you!
The Solution Zone!
Here are some of the solutions that you can try to fix the windows 10 black screen with cursor after login 2020 issue:
- After reaching the repair zone, go to troubleshoot and click on the advanced option.
- Now click on the startup repair option and check if the Windows startup can repair itself or not.
- If there’s an option of windows repairing itself, then click on it and let the issue get resolved itself. If there’s no such option, try the other solution.
- Go to Troubleshoot and open the advanced option.
- Now go to startup settings and click Restart.
- Upon restart, press 4 to enter the Safe Mode.
- Once you have entered the safe mode, you must backup your data and files if you haven’t already created a backup.
- After completing the backup, open the device manager and check if all your drivers are up to date or not.
- If they aren’t up to date then do the needful and see if the problem of the black screen persists or not. but if the drivers are also up-to-date then reboot the PC.
If all the above solutions fail, you can still do one thing and that is:
- Go to Troubleshoot and open advanced options.
- From there, click on the Reset this PC option and let your PC do the rest.
- Just make sure to keep the files and apps that you want and let everything else go before clicking on the reset option.
And these are the solution to fix the Black or colored screen with spinning dots after restarting the PC. Or, you can just follow option 4 if any of these aren’t helpful to you.
Perform a clean install of Windows 10. Create a backup and just go with this option to not just get rid of the black screen at startup issue but to also resolve every other glitch in the PC.
And that was all about windows black screen with cursor. But what about without a cursor? Or a screen with white color? Let us talk about that too.
Securing The Screen
In a quest to help you in securing your computer screen, we have discussed a handful of other issues too. These issues are similar to the ones that we have discussed above so, let’s have a look at them. There’s More to It
We were talking about what if you get a white screen instead of black? Let’s see what we can do in that case?
Black and white screen windows 10
Here’s how you can turn off these settings to stop witnessing different colors on your startup screen.
- Go to Settings and open Ease of Access.
- On the left, you will see “Colour & high contrast. Click on it.
- Now, on the right, you will see the color filter that is selected as the default for your startup screen: Grayscale.
- Now find the “Apply color filter” option and just simply turn it Off.
Windows 10 won’t load after update.
Ever happen to you? this problem occurs because of the booting issue. and to resolve it, you simply have to uninstall the updates.
Windows 10 no cursor on startup
In this case, you just have to take the help of your keyboard so that the cursor reapers on the screen. And the formula for this solution includes:
- press Fn + F3 keys together
- Or Fn + F5 keys together
- Or press Fn + F9 keys together
- Or lastly, press Fn + F11 keys together
Depending upon your keyboard and mouse model, any one of these 4 combinations will work to bring back your cursor on the screen.
Screen keeps going black windows 10
This is another connectivity issue. but this time, the solution is simple. Press the Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B on the keyboard shortcut to restart the video driver. This will refresh the connection with the monitor and resolve the recurring black screen issue.
And now you must check out the frequently asked questions given below by people on the same issue and get some additional information on this topic.
People Also Ask
This is the people also ask zone. Here we address some of the crucial questions asked by the audience that is related to the issue that we are currently discussing. So, quickly have a look at them all.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I fix a blank screen with cursor Windows 10?
If you have carefully read all the information given above. You will find a very detailed answer to this question with lots of solutions. Go and check it out again.
2. How do I fix a black screen with cursor after Windows Update?
This one is pretty easy actually. Once you are done with your windows update, just restart your PC to fix all the glitches and let your PC adjust with the new updates quickly. And when you will turn it on again, your cursor will be there waiting for you to use it.
3. Why is my computer screen black but I can see the mouse
Here is the best way:
- Press “Shift” repeatedly until the “sticky keys” window shows up.
- Now, click on the link provided on the screen to reach the “Ease of Access Center”.
- Next hit the “Cancel” button on the bottom right corner of the “Set Up Sticky Keys” window.
- And now from here, go to “Control Panel” on the upper left corner and locate the Computer Settings.
- From there, select the “Recovery” option and click on the “System Restore” button.
- Now, follow the steps by clicking next until you finally hit the finish button and then let the computer perform the reboot.
- Once it’s done and the PC will restart, the black screen with no icons problem will get resolved.
4. How do I start my computer in Safe Mode with Windows 10?
Its just a few steps job!
- As you click restart, hold down the shift button.
- When the options screen pops up, click on troubleshoot and go to Startup Settings.
- From here, click on the Restart option to get to the final selection menu for Safe Mode.
- Now, finally and successfully enable the Safe Mode.
And now, we can guarantee you that you can handle this black screen problem with or without a cursor any day in your life.
To Sum Up:
While the computer-related issues can be annoying and sometimes take forever to resolve, there are several ways to fix the windows 10 black screen with cursor no task manager issue. you just have to be patient enough to try out all the solutions that we have given and finally see which one works for you.
Know More About Netflix:-Click Here