The Vizio remote is more important for TV use than other remotes since it features “Smart TV” capabilities that allow you to utilize and browse many applications.
Why Did My Vizio Soundbar Remote Stop Working?
- The remote for the Vizio Soundbar may be broken.
- Perhaps the batteries are dead.
- Batteries may be improperly fitted.
- There impedes the remote and the soundbar.
- There may be interference from other devices with your remote.
- Ensure that the soundbar is plugged in and switched on.
- Ensure that the soundbar has not been harmed by a power surge, a spilled drink, roughhousing, curious tinkerers, etc.
- Ensure that the remote is only used for soundbar-specific operations.
How To Reset Vizio Soundbar?
Okay, now that you’ve exhausted all remote control possibilities, it’s time to experiment with your soundbar.
- Disconnect your soundbar, then press and hold the power button for thirty seconds.
- Then, after approximately 30 seconds, release the power button, reconnect the sound bar, and test the remote to see whether it is again functioning.
How To Update Vizio Soundbar Firmware?
If your remote continues to be inoperable, you upgrade its firmware. Follow these instructions:
- Goto: https://support.vizio.com/.
- Input the model number of your soundbar into the search box “D39hn-D0” and click the search button. Find the search result that includes your model number and the phrase “firmware update” below it. Example: “Firmware Update for D39hn-D0”
- Follow the instructions listed on the page. Click to get the update, then copy the firmware update to a USB device.
Causes And Fixes For The Vizio Soundbar Remote Not Working.
Resetting the remote is the most effective solution for your problem. This will reset all existing configurations to their factory defaults. Here’s how to accomplish it:
- Hold the “Mute” and “Volume Down” buttons simultaneously on the remote control.
- Continue holding them until a message appears stating that the remote has been reset.
- When this message appears on the screen, release both keys. After resetting itself, the remote will automatically shut off.
- Press any button on the remote control for your Vizio sound bar, and it should begin functioning again.
- If this does not resolve your issue, you may wish to consider the alternative options listed below.
2) Install New Batteries
If the batteries in your remote are weak, the remote may not function. This issue can be resolved quickly by changing the batteries with new ones. The battery life of this remote control is rated at three years. Thus it should survive that long.
- Turn off your Vizio sound bar and disconnect it from its power supply. Additionally, it will be simpler to reach the device’s rear panel when it is turned off. Locate and remove the battery cover from the back of the device. The cover will be located on the back of your sound bar, near the bottom.
- Remove the existing batteries and replace them with brand-new ones. Ensure that this remote control uses two AAA batteries (not included in the package).
- Replace the battery cover in its original position and turn the sound bar back on. The functionality of your remote should resume.
- You can replace the batteries again if the device is still inoperable. Ensure that you are utilizing fresh batteries to resolve this issue for good!
3) Updated Software
To upgrade your remote, follow these steps:
- Download the most recent version of the remote controller for the Vizio sound bar.
- Launch the executable file after connecting your sound bar remote to your computer via a USB connection. To update the software on your device, select Yes.
- The sound bar remote will begin downloading and installing updated software immediately. Please be patient as the completion of this procedure will require some time.
- You will receive a confirmation message stating “Remote Software Update Successful!” once the process is complete. Your remote has been updated, and it is once again functional. If it is still not working, something else is wrong, and it must be fixed.
- After installing the software update, you must repair your sound bar’s remote using the soundbar itself. Perform the following:
- Turn on your television and ensure it is set to the proper input source (HDMI or AUX). Engage the Sound Bar.
- Press and hold the “TV” button on the remote control for 5 seconds, or until all buttons illuminate red. After 5 seconds, release the button. Your remote is now repaired with your Sound Bar and should function normally again.
4) The Visual Path
The IR sensor may be obstructed or out of range if your remote malfunctions. To test this, you must manually aim your remote towards the IR sensor and determine whether it functions.
If it does, something must interfere with the transmission between your remote and the soundbar. Please relocate them away from everything that could be obstructing their view and try again.
5) Try Different Remote
If you have an earlier Vizio remote or universal remote, consider using that instead of the IR remote included with the soundbar.
(6) Power Cycle The Remote
Remains of power, or power residues, can cause a Vizio remote to cease functioning. Power cycling the remote resets it and drains all power residues left even when the remote is not in use. Power cycling is typically performed to ensure that all temporary configurations are reset fully. This may correct any erroneous remote setups.
7) Power Cycle The TV
The issue may be remedied by restarting the television. In the last post, we used the identical methodology.
- Detach the television from the wall outlet.
- Press and hold the TV’s power button (often situated on the side) for 30 seconds; this will deplete the TV’s residual power and may resolve any unusual problems.
- One minute must pass.
- Now reconnect the television’s power cord to the outlet and turn it on.
- Check the remote again to ensure that it is functioning properly.
8) Change The Power Source
If your television is connected to a contaminated power source, you may experience Vizio Remote not Working.
- Remove the power cord from the Vizio television.
- Move and connect the Vizio television to a different power source whose power is known to be normal.
- Now, check to see if the remote is working properly.
Frequently Asked Questions-
1. Why is my Vizio soundbar remote not working?
Ans. If you have issues with your Vizio sound bar’s remote, you may do a few things. Try using a different remote if the remote doesn’t function at all. The original control is broken and must be replaced if the other remote works.
2. How do I reset my Vizio sound bar remote?
Ans. You can repair your Vizio Sound Bar in several ways. Disconnect the sound bar from the wall as the initial step. Allow it to rest for a few minutes.
3. Why is my soundbar remote not working?
Ans. If your Vizio remote is not working, remove any obstructions preventing the signal from reaching the soundbar.
4. How do I get my Vizio remote to work again?
Ans. For 15 seconds, press and hold the TV’s power button (usually found on the set’s side or bottom).
Also Read: How To Turn On A Roku TV Without The Remote