System thread exception not handled windows 10 is a common error which points out that an exception has been generated by a system thread which the error handler was not able to catch or detect. These exceptions can be different.
But one thing is for sure that this error has occurred due to an incompatible or outdated driver and system, or due to some conflict of the memory or IRQ, etc.
Now, this issue can be different for the different types of customers.
Some users of Windows 10 have failed to run their personal computers after they start their Windows.
But they have faced that it stuck even after an endless restart of system thread exception not handled error on the blue screen.
However, some Windows 10 users have said that they faced this type of error only for a few seconds after they enter the Operating System.
Windows 10 stop code system thread exception not handled a bug check message. Apart from an incompatible or outdated driver or memory conflict, this error can occur due to a program that you have recently installed.
Are you facing this type of error on your Windows 10? Really, this situation is annoying for you. You may feel like shutting down your computer.
But my suggestion is to you that do not lose patience in this situation.
We have the solutions for your problem. With these solutions, you can try to solve the system thread exception not handled error.
Now let’s look at what sections you will find in this article.
- how to fix ‘system thread exception not handled’ error in windows 10
- system thread extension not handled
- kmode exception not handled windows 10 shutdown
- windows cannot complete installation in safe mode
- kmode exception not handled nvlddmkm.sys
- system thread exception not handled bckd.sys
- starting i.e. in safe mode
- How do I fix system thread exception not handled?
- Is system thread exception not handled serious?
- How do I fix Wdiwifi?
- What is stop code System_thread_exception_not_handled?
How to Fix ‘System Thread Exception Not Handled’ Error In Windows 10- Quick And Easy Ways To Fix The Error
Well, at first, you should aware of the reason for the problem. When you are completely aware of the reason for the issue, you can easily solve it. You see, if you use multiple drivers in Windows 10, then this type of problem may occur.
The worst part is that your personal computer cannot detect all the drivers.
That is why the first step you should do is that you must find out the exact and particular driver that is the main reason for the issue.
Here are the methods by which you can fix the error.
You can Boot into Safe Mode through Settings
- You have to go to the Start Button and press on it. Then choose Settings.
- Then, you have to move to Update & Security and then choose Recovery.
- When you can see Advanced Startup, select Restart Now.
- The Choose an option dialog box will appear after your computer restarts.
- Now move to Troubleshoot> Advanced Option> Startup Settings. Then choose Restart.
- Press on F5 in order to boot the computer in safe mode with networking, after the PC restarts.
You can find out which driver is responsible for the issue.
For doing this, you can easily try the steps mentioned here.
- You have to press Windows Key + R in your key board. The Run dialog box will appear. Write eventvwr.
- Now, you have to move forward to windows logs menu and have to expand it. After that you have to choose the option which is System.
- Now, find out a log which is named system_thread_exception_not_handled and choose it.
- You can now find out which driver is the main reason for the issue.
You can update or rollback the drivers.
Once you find out which driver is responsible for the problem, you might either need to update or install the driver to stop the error.
This is perhaps the easiest way to solve the issue. If you find out that the diver is not updated for a long time, then only updating the driver can fix the issue for you.
Now, if you find out that the driver is updated in recent times, then the best you can do is to roll back the driver. You can also reinstall the updated driver.
You can change the name of the faulty file.
To get rid of the issue, the user can try renaming the file which is associated with the system thread exception not handled error. When you are renaming this file, it will force the Windows to make a new copy of it and also reinstall it.
You will find out the driver file at C:\ Windows\ System32\ Drivers.
Now, you can follow the steps to rename the file.
- At first, you have to open the Windows File Explore and move to C:\ Windows\ System32\ Drivers.
- Find out the affected driver.
- Select it and also press F2.
- Rename the file name extension with .old.
- Press enter and reboot the computer.
You can try using System restore to restore the Personal Computer.
If you have failed again and again even after using all the methods, you can then use the System Restore at your last option.
This is how you can use it.
- Write Control Panel in the Start Menu Search bar.
- Type Recovery in the dialog box the Control Panel, and hit Enter for showing the results.
- Now choose Open System Restore.
- Now select Next and then choose restore point from the list that is showed.
- Now, you should have to select the Finish Button.
System Thread Extension Not Handled
To resolve this problem, you can go along with the steps mentioned below.
Run the system file checker
- Together press Windows and S and the search bar will open.
- Write cmd and then you have to right click on the prompt command.
- From the menu bar, you have to choose Run as Administrator.
- Once you see UAC prompts, select yes.
- You will see a separate window, write sfc/ scannow
- Hit enter and now you have to wait for the ending of the process.
- Now, you must restart the window and find out if there is any error exists or not.
You can run automatic repair
- You have to connect the bootable device to the computer.
- Now restart it and press any button to boot from media if asked.
- Select the language you want, time and proper input in the fields and click on next.
- Now choose Repair your computer option located at the left end bottom.
- Now select troubleshoot and click on Advanced option.
- Then choose the option Automatic Repair or Start up Repair.
- Wait for the ending of the process and then find out if the error is still there or not.
You can revert ant recent changes on your device
- Go to the start menu. Write recovery in the field.
- Then you have to select Recovery when the dialog box appears.
- Then choose the option Open System Restore.
- You will then find out that System Restore Wizard appears on the screen. Carefully read the instruction written there and go along with them.
- After the ending of the process, you should check if the error is still there or not.
You can download the Windows updates.
- Go to your settings application.
- Find out the option Update and Security.
- Click on the title and move forward to the additional settings page.
- Now you will see the available windows updates. Choose the option and go to the right.
- Select Check to find out the updates.
- Now you can see the instructions and you have to wait for the ending the process.
- Finally, reboot your windows.
Kmode Exception Not Handled – Windows 10 – Shutdown Error
In order to get rid of this error, try to use the methods.
You can disable the fast startup
- Open the control panel.
- Select System and Security.
- Select the Power option.
- Select the option Choose what power button do.
- Now go to Change Settings.
- Find the box which shows Turn on Fast Startup and untick the box.
- Don’t forget to save the changes you have made.
You can try by updating the driver.
- Press together the Windows key and X. when the context menu appears, select Device Manager from the context menu.
- Find out the other devices.
- Then, you have to right click on the device which is unknown to you.
- Go for Update Driver Software.
- When the dialog box appears, go for Search automatically for Updated driver software.
- After updating. Reboot the PC.
You can also try these processes in case you face the error: Kmode Exception not Handled nvlddmkm.sys.
Windows Cannot Complete Installation In Safe Mode- How To Fix It
It is such an error that your windows can’t solve. Actually, the problem is that you will not be able to use the safe Mode to reinstall the software.
It is because the safe mode has some limited drivers and services.
But you can try another way. You can run the pre-boot diagnostics by trying to reboot and then instantly tapping the button F12.
Thus, you can manage the boot menu to choose Diagnostics. Then you can run all the tests which also include the test of the extended hard drive.
Starting i.e. in safe mode can cause you trouble.
System Thread Exception not Handled bckd.sys
To get rid of this error, you can try by going along with the steps mentioned below.
- Go to your Windows Taskbar.
- Then you have to right click on the taskbar. You will find a dialog box at the bottom of the screen in the Window.
- Click on the Task Manager from the dialog box.
- Another window will be opened. From this Task Manager Window, go to Processor Tab and click on the tab.
- A new window will be seen. From that window, choose bckd.sys. Thus you will be able to end the process.
How do I fix system thread exception not handled?
Well, there are several ways by which you can try to fix system thread exceptions not handled.
- You can try by booting into the safe mode.
- You can try to find out which driver is the main reason of the issue.
- Roll backing or Updating the Driver can also fix the problem for you.
- You should try to rename the faulty files.
- Try by using SFC and DISM in order to repair your system file.
- You can also use the System Restore to restore the PC.
Is system thread exception not handled serious?
System Thread Exception Not Handled is a common problem that is caused due to an incompatible driver or a conflict of memory. It appears on the Blue Screen of Death.
Well, you can say that it is a serious error if it might not be solved quickly. Fortunately, there are several ways to fix the error.
How do I fix Wdiwifi?
With the below-mentioned steps or the process, you can fix the wdiwifi.sys.
- At first, go to the windows Start button.
- Write Update in the field and click on the Enter button.
- Now, you have to go to Check for Update option and have to click on it.
- Wait until the process ends.
- Now, you can reboot your Personal Computer.
What is stop code System_thread_exception_not_handled?
Stop code System_thread_exception_not_handled is a common problem of windows 10. It can occur mostly due to the booting of the Wkindows system.
To Sum It Up
I hope, after going through all the methods and solutions I have discussed so far, you can get great help just in case you face a similar kind of situation. Best of Luck.