If you’re still unsure as to why your Insignia TV remote isn’t functioning, this article will provide resolutions. The failure of the Insignia remote has been a typical incident among consumers.
If you have encountered this issue, there are established troubleshooting techniques that can help you resolve it. Before we continue, let’s examine several potential causes for why your Insignia remote is not functioning.
6 Ways To Fix An Insignia Smart TV Remote
Below are some tried-and-true solutions to help you resolve this problem.
1. Replace The Batteries In Your Remote
This is the initial step to take when confronted with this problem. Batteries tend to interfere significantly with signals reaching your television.
Occasionally, your TV will have difficulty even recognizing it. Despite the simplicity of this strategy, it is highly effective. As a general rule, replacing your remote’s batteries will aid in its preservation.
2. Reset The Power Source Of The Remote
If batteries are not the issue, try power cycling the remote control. Listed below is a step-by-step process:
- Remove the batteries from their housing.
- Press and maintain the power button for thirty seconds.
- Reinstall the batteries.
- Check for correct operation by pressing each button.
3. Employ An Alternative Remote
It is recommended to use a universal insignia remote because the remote’s button may not cause the issue. You can configure the universal remote by following the steps below:
- Turn on your Insignia television with the desired Insignia universal remote.
- Tap the symbol TV button three times. A blinking LED light indicates that the device is ready to be configured.
- Direct the remote to the television and click the channel buttons.
- You will detect whether the signal is on or off. Press up or down to power off the gadget.
- To store the code, press the TV button. The confirmation will be the LED light blinking.
- Following this, you can now utilize your remote. This procedure is equally applicable to a new remote.
4. Contact Manufacturer
If you just purchased your Insignia television, the warranty also covers the accessories. This implies that you can return the product to the Manufacturer for repair or replacement if you discover any defects. If none of those solutions worked, you might attempt the following technical solutions.
5. Reset Your Insignia Smart TV Completely
Although it controls a smart TV, the remote for your television is not very difficult; it functions similarly to any other remote you’ve used previously.
It transmits an infrared light to a receiver on your television, which the television interprets.
Therefore, your television is a LOT more complicated than your remote. If your remote doesn’t work, your television may still be at fault!
You can reset your Insignia Smart TV via the side/back panel buttons or by downloading the Insignia Remote App to your phone.
This is how it is done:
- From the TV’s home screen, navigate to “Settings.”
- Select the “System” option next.
- Finally, click “Reset to Factory Defaults,” and your television will revert to its original settings. This should rectify any disconnect between the television and the remote.
After the reset, you will need to login into your streaming services again.
6. Invest In A New Remote
This is usually the last thing you wish to hear, but sometimes the best solution is to purchase a new remote.
Occasionally, the problem with your remote is caused by a broken, shorted, or otherwise malfunctioning internal component, rendering it unrepairable.
TV remotes can become irreparable if water enters the remote, if it is dropped too many times, or if it is exposed to excessive heat.
The sad fact is that this is the only method that will sometimes work, despite being the only paid solution to an Insignia TV Remote problem.
However, such is the nature of the world; sometimes, it is impossible to avoid spending money.
Guide On: Toshiba Fire TV Remote Not Working?
How To Fix Insignia TV Remote Sensor
Do not immediately conclude if none of the methods works. For instance, dirt obstructing the sensor can result in a poor signal. Apply the following methods:
Power Cycling Insignia TV
This requires a complete power cycle of the TV. With this strategy, the TV program will operate from the beginning of the boot process, thereby fixing any power failure or outage that disrupts the signal. Follow the instructions below to complete a power cycle cleanly:
- Unplug the television from the outlet.
- For at least one minute, firmly press and hold the power button.
- Disconnect all power buttons and release the power button.
- Note: If your Insignia TV is already connected to a power strip, plug it directly into the wall outlet because the outlet maybe after the power strip. Turn on your Insignia television to determine if the issue has been resolved.
Wipe The Sensor Of Your Insignia Television.
At least once every one to two weeks, you must clean the dust that accumulates around the sensor of your television to avoid unfavorable circumstances. If you are having this issue and have not yet cleaned the sensor, you should do so.
A distinct Line Of Sight
The signal may be interrupted if there is an obstruction between you and your insignia TV. It is prudent to ensure that all obstacles are eliminated.
For example, refrigerators and closets should be avoided. If your television is close to the ceiling, try lowering it to see if the signal improves.
Alternately, you can disassemble and relocate your television. If none of the other solutions worked, purchasing a replacement remote is the last resort.
Frequently Asked Questions-
1. Why is my Insignia TV not responding to the remote?
Ans. Most smart TV owners struggle with malfunctioning remotes. It may not be possible to attribute the causes to a single component. Thus, it’s necessary to evaluate all of them while determining a remedy.
2. How do I reset my Insignia remote?
Ans. Pressing the power button for 10 seconds or waiting until the screen changes is the easiest method for resetting an Insignia Smart TV.
3. How do I resync my Insignia remote?
Ans. To reconnect your remote or controller: Click and hold the Home button for 10 seconds on the controller.
4. How do I fix an unresponsive remote?
Ans. Wipe the terminals of the remote control.