If your television is malfunctioning or a new application is available, it is time to check if a new version is ready for download.
Samsung produces some of the world’s finest screens, including panels for other television manufacturers. However, its intelligent applications and the smart TV ecosystem left much desired.
What You Need To update apps on Samsung smart TV
Setting your Samsung Smart TV’s apps to update automatically is the simplest way to keep them current. Similar to your smartphone, computer, or tablet, the Samsung OS checks for upgrades when the television is turned on or at specified periods, depending on the setting.
Thus, you will not even need to consider keeping them current. Here’s how to configure Samsung TV applications for automatic updates.
- Select “Smart Hub” or “Home” on the TV’s remote control. The models differ according to the television.
- Choose “Apps” from the main menu.
- In the resulting menu, pick “My Apps” followed by “Options.”
- Activate “Auto Update.”
- The actions mentioned above will update your programs automatically, allowing you to focus on more pressing matters.
Updating Apps on Your Samsung Smart TV
- To activate the Smart Hub, press the button.
- Choose Featured. A small white arrow within a blue circle identifies apps that can be updated.
- Locate the app that requires an update, then tap and hold the Enter key until a submenu opens.
- Choose Update applications.
- Click Selected Items.
- Select Update.
How to manually update apps on a Samsung smart TV
- Locate and pick the Apps menu on your Samsung television’s home screen.
- Select the app you wish to test and click on it. If the app is up-to-date, when the window with the app’s data opens, there will be a button that says Open. The button’s label will be updated if there is an available update. Select it, and the update will automatically download and install.
This option enables you to add and remove apps from the home screen menu.
How to Automatically update apps on a Samsung smart TV
- Locate and pick your TV’s Apps menu from the main screen of your Samsung TV. Then, in the upper right corner of the screen, choose the Settings gear symbol.
- Next, you will notice the Auto-Update button in the upper-right corner. Verify that the switch is in the On position; it will be blue. When a new version is ready, your apps will update automatically, allowing you to focus on the Yellowjackets’ season finale.
Also Read – Different Ways To Lock And Unlock Apple Watch
Updating Your Samsung Smart TV
In addition to updating the applications on your Samsung HDTV, the operating system frequently needs an update to address performance issues and errors and enhance functionality.
You may even need to upgrade the TV to obtain a new version of the Smart Hub and hence updates for some apps that could not be updated otherwise.
Update via the Internet
- Turn on the television and click “Settings.”
- Choose “Support” followed by “Software Update.”
- Select “Update Now” if there is an available update.
- An update is not necessarily required to be installed, or the television will not detect an update even if one exists. Additionally, you should find an automatic update option in the Software Update menu.
Update via the USB
If you need to update your TV through USB, the process is quite simple, but it will take some time.
- Go to Samsung’s website for support.
- Select “Manuals” and save the appropriate file to your computer.
- Choose your television model from the list.
- Choose “Downloads” to install the most recent software on your device.
- Insert the USB stick into your television and allow it to be detected.
- Tap on “Settings and Support”.
- Choose “Software Update” followed by “Update Now.”
- Allow the TV to update by pointing it at the USB disk.
Depending on your TV’s age, updating a Samsung TV via USB may take a while. There is a progress indicator on the screen, but it freezes and then advances intermittently. Allow the TV to set for a time if the progress stops before pausing.
Frequently Asked Question-
Q1- How do I update my apps on my Samsung TV?
Ans. Click on The button to access the Home screen menu on a TV or projector. Choose the Settings tab in the upper right corner of the Applications page. Next, select Automatic Update.
Ensure the option is enabled to update your apps automatically whenever new versions are released.
Q2- Do apps update automatically on Samsung TV?
Ans. To update installed apps immediately, please be aware that automatic updating is only enabled while the TV is connected to the Internet. To access the Home screen menu:
- Press the Home button.
- Select the Settings icon in the top right corner of the APPS screen.
- Select Automatic Update.
Q3- How do I update my app on TV?
- Apps can be accessed through the “Menu” button or voice command.
- Select “Settings” and press the right arrow key until “App Update” appears.
- Choose one application from the list.
- Tap the left arrow key until “Update” appears, press the OK button, or say “OK Google” cloud.
Q4- Why can’t I get new apps on my Samsung Smart TV?
Ans. Unplug your TV and wait 30 seconds. After rebooting your TV, try using the application again. Software updates are published to provide your device with bug and security patches.
Also Refer- Unmountable Boot Volume Windows 10