This post will explain how to activate a Roku TCL Smart TV without control. TCL is one of the most popular and high-quality TV brands available. These TCL televisions are powered by various operating systems, including Android and Roku, and TCL Smart TVs are extremely popular.
Roku is a streaming gadget. In addition to the streaming equipment, Roku-powered televisions are now available. The TCL Roku Smart TV is one of these Roku televisions.
There is a remote for all Roku TCL televisions. What should be done if this remote is lost? Can separate signals be sent to the television without using the remote? This article will discuss how to enable TV without a remote and how to operate the TV remotely.
How To Use Roku TV Without A Remote And Wi-Fi?
You can use your Roku without a remote or Wi-Fi by connecting it to the cellular hotspot on your phone. Then, configure the Roku mobile app on your smartphone to operate the Roku device.
If you’re wondering if you can use your Roku without Wi-Fi, you’ll be amazed to learn that you can still enjoy entertainment on your Roku even if there is no Wi-Fi available
Read More: How To Fix Minecraft Windows 10 Won’T Open?
4 Ways How To Turn On Roku TV Without Remote
Download The Roku App
Download the Roku app on your mobile phone or tablet to manage your Roku device without a remote. Connect the device containing the application to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku player. Then, within the app, click Devices and tap the remote symbol.
Install and download the Roku application. The application may be downloaded from the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
- Launch the application and follow the on-screen prompts. If you are using the Roku app for the first time, you must accept the terms and services and complete a brief tutorial.
- Tap Devices, then. This text will appear at the bottom of your screen. If you are using the app for the first time, you must hit OK to allow it to locate your Roku devices.
- Next, select your Roku device.
- Tap the Remote icon next. Once you tap on your device, you will see this plus-shaped icon.
Finally, you may use the app’s controller to control your television. You may use the app to control your Roku device for as long as you choose. Ensure that your mobile device and Roku player are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Guide On: Why Is My Apple Watch Dying So Fast
Try Using A Cable Or Satellite Remote.
Try using one of the spare remote controls to switch on your television. If you have a cable or satellite remote, you should consider programming it to your Roku TV!
Here are all of the Roku remote programming codes you may require.
- Locate the code in the accompanying chart and follow your service provider’s programming instructions to configure your cable or satellite remote.
- Remember that not all buttons on your Roku TV remote are programmable to your cable or satellite remote.
Use The Roku App As A Remote
If, for any reason, you cannot locate the power button on your television, you can use the free Roku app to turn it on!
- Enter “Roku” into the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and download the Roku app on your mobile device.
- You will be invited to search for nearby Roku devices as soon as they are downloaded. Your Roku TV should appear in the list automatically. Select it to connect.
- After connecting your Roku TV to the Roku app, you may use your phone as a remote to turn on your TV.
Buy A Replacement Roku Remote.
Finally, if none of those mentioned above solutions work, you may have no choice but to replace your Roku TV remote.
Thankfully, a replacement remote is inexpensive. Consider purchasing a backup remote for emergency needs.
Check More: How To Watch Peacock On Firestick
Frequently Asked Question
1. How to connect the Roku remote to the tv without Wi-Fi?
The power button in the TCL Roku TV can be found directly beneath the TCL logo. Pressing the power button will activate the device.
2. Is there a power button on Roku TV?
Yes, the Roku TV has a power button. The button may be located at the bottom or rear, depending on the TV model.
3. Do you have to have internet for Roku?
To stream content, Roku streaming players and Roku TVs require Internet connectivity. They connect to your home network wirelessly, or you can choose a model with an Ethernet connector.
How to find the Roku remote without a remote finder?
Access the home screen on your Roku device and navigate to Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes > Add. [choose your remote] > Find the remote to activate the function.
To Wrap Up!
Try purchasing a replacement remote to resolve other problems with your Roku remote, such as the volume button not functioning or the remote not pairing.
Even without a remote, troubleshooting procedures like resetting your Roku are still feasible. The only requirement is the Roku mobile app.
Casting to your Roku does not require an internet connection; both devices must be on the same local network.
It is a good alternative if you have offline content on your other devices but have lost internet connectivity.