If you a new MAC user, here’s a tutorial you need to know. Who doesn’t want to learn the latest dynamics of taking and cropping screenshots on your Mac?
Though the screenshots in MAC, may seem like a pedestrian feature in computers, it has plenty of uses to offer. Despite the simplicity, screenshots on Mac have unofficial ethics mainly when it concerns social media.
But regardless of these reasons for using screenshots on MAC, you must know to use it effectively. Once you shift from a Windows computer, you need to learn how to crop a screenshot on Mac?
Continue reading this blog post to know how to crop screenshots on Mac.
How To Take And How To Crop A Screenshot On Mac?
Before we show you how to take and modify a screenshot on a Mac, let’s go over why people use screenshots? The main goal of a screenshot is to make files on image files of various types of content. Presently, converting the contents to PNG, JPG, and other image formats is difficult.
For any type of performance report, people capture the screenshots of charts, tables, and graphs. You may quickly transfer data to your report using screenshots without having to worry about how the image will appear on your report.
Wishing to take a screenshot? Check out this guide out-
- Hit Shift + Command + 4 with the space bar. Click the Window you wish for a screenshot
- But if you only want to capture a portion of the screen, press Shift + Command + 4
- Click and drag your mouse to the area that you wish to capture
The function of the screenshots is to create supporting image files of various types for content. These contents are usually hard to convert to PNG, JPG, and other image files at the apt moment.
How To Take A Screenshot On Mac
Users need to understand the process of taking screenshots on a MacBook and know how to crop a screenshot on a MacBook Air? If you wish to capture screenshots, it is best to learn the shortcuts for the same. There are numerous ways to take screenshots on a MacBook. It includes the built-in choices, commercial and the alternatives that are free.
Essential Keyboard Shortcuts For Taking Mac Screenshots
There are different modes of taking screenshots on Mac. But, the use of shortcut keys can help generate quicker screenshots. Apart from this, you can also use the built-in screenshot cropping tool to crop screenshots.
If you are unsure how to take the mac crop screenshot shortcut
- Take a screenshot of the whole screen: Shift + Command + 3
- Capture part of the screen: Shift + Command + 4
- Capture a window or menu: Shift + Command + 4 + Space bar
You take a screenshot with the objective to crop it. What is cropping? Cropping involves the removal of unwanted parts from a snap of photos/screenshots. There is a variety of reasons why you may feel the need to crop a screenshot. They are as follows:
- To get rid of anything unwanted
- To improve the framing of a photo/screenshot
- To draw focus on a certain aspect in the screenshot
Here are some methods and steps to help you take screenshots-
Method -1- Use The Built-In Screenshot Cropping Tool
The new built-in screenshot cropping tool is perhaps the one that offers the opportunity to create screenshots in macOS. After taking the screenshots, you get to catch a glimpse of a floating thumbnail followed by a cropping tool.
STEPS- Use The Cropping Tool
- CLICK on the CROP icon (top-right) after taking the screenshot
- Pick the area you want to CROP in the screenshot
- Press DONE when finished
Method 2- Crop Using Preview
You can crop the pictures by using Mac’s very own Preview mode. Taking screenshots of an image or page you are working on becomes much easier when you use the shortcut steps- Press Shift + Command + 3. The screenshot is saved on your desktop.
STEPS- Use The Preview Mode
- Double-click on the screenshot in Finder & OPEN PREVIEW
- Choose the SHOW MARKUP TOOLBAR ICON (top-right—shaped like a pencil)
- ‘CLICK’ & ‘DRAG’ to select the targeted area
- Press TOOLS on the MENU Bar
- From the drop-down, select CROP
Taking Screenshots Through GRAB App & Touchpad
Other options are choosing a GRAB/TouchPad to take screenshots on MAC. Here you get 4 types of screenshots namely- “Entire Screen” “Selected” “Portion” and “Window”
Method 3- Third-Party App Solutions
There are a number of third-party apps to edit images. You can check this out by clicking Photo & Video section in the App Store.
These third-party app solutions include- Adobe Lightroom, Polarr Photo Editor, Pixel style Photo Image Editor, and more.
Each third-party photo-editing solution has its own form of cropping when it comes to action.
STEPS- Screenshot Cropping Using Third-Party App (Polarr Photo Editor)
- Press File & Open
- Tick the photo you want to edit
- On the left, PRESS the CROP ICON
- Pick the area to SAVE
- Press the SAVE Photo icon & EDIT
Learning ways to edit a screenshot saves you a lot of time. It is especially during pressure-packed moments, shortcuts help you get a better feel. The desire to take your productivity to the next level must be power-packed with the objective of multiple other tools your Mac offers.
Why Can’t I Crop A Screenshot On Mac?
Sometimes users cannot get the option to crop a screenshot on Mac. And, there is where they come up with the question- why can’t I crop a screenshot on mac? Following a simple guide will help you get the right way to enable the cropping of screenshots on your Mac. So, here they are-
- OPEN Photos
- Double-click on the photo you want to crop
- Click on Edit in the TOOLBAR
- Choose CROP from the top toolbar
- CROP freeform or use a RATIO
- Straighten the photo
- Click DONE to SAVE changes to the PHOTO
- Click the SHOW MARKUP on the TOOLBAR
Q1. How to crop a screenshot on an iPhone?
Ans1. Here are some steps to crop a captured screenshot on your iPhone-
- Click the Windows “Start” menu and ‘Open’ it
- Press “Ctrl-V”
- Click “Select” tool to activate that tool
- Click the “Image” button and select “Crop” from the drop-down menu
Q1. Does a Mac have a snipping tool?
Ans2. Mac has its own snipping tool. Users can capture varieties of screenshots and/or screen recordings with the user-friendly snipping tool. With the snipping tool, you can press and hold the SHIFT+COMMAND+5 sequence of keys.
Q3. What is Apple’s snipping tool called?
Ans3. Grab is a Mac Snipping Tool. It allows you to capture screenshots and save them as picture files. Grab includes a variety of screen-capture options and keyboard shortcuts.
Q4. How do I crop a screenshot on Mac after saving?
Ans4. Press Ctrl + PrtScn keys to gray the screen including the OPEN Menu Bar. Select Mode, or in earlier versions of Windows, select the arrow next to the NEW button. Select the kind of snip you prefer, and then select the area of the screen capture.