The Amazon Fire TV stick is an exceptionally convenient and portable streaming media player that can be used on any television.The other requirements are a wireless Internet connection and an HDTV with an HDMI port. This convenience and mobility have inspired frequent travelers, whether for business or pleasure, to bring their Fire Stick.
Unfortunately, misfortunes sometimes occur, and if you neglect to bring the remote control with you, you may be doomed. Don’t worry; we’re here to assist you.
In addition to connecting your Fire Stick to the internet without a remote, you can continue to use it without a remote once it has been connected.
Why Would You Need To Connect Firestick Without A Remote?
A firestick automatically reconnects to the last Wi-Fi network to which it was connected. Consider that you have changed your Wi-Fi password, relocated, or are traveling.
In such a circumstance, the gadget cannot connect to the internet and will not function correctly. Select the appropriate Wi-Fi network from the settings menu to connect it to the internet and enter the password.
Suppose, though, that your remote doesn’t function, or you’ve misplaced it. In such a circumstance, you will need to utilize alternative techniques to connect the gadget to Wi-Fi.
I was away from home and had forgotten my Firestick control, so I had to connect the device to the internet without the remote.
How To Connect Fire Stick To Wi-Fi Without A Remote?
1) Using An HDMI-CEC Remote
To enable the HDMI CEC settings, proceed as follows:
- Open the Firestick’s Home screen.
- Select Settings.
- Navigate to the Display & Sounds section.
- Scroll to HDMI CEC Device Control in the menu and push the center button.
- Select Yes when prompted for confirmation.
- Once the setting is enabled, any HDMI CEC or universal remote will function with the Firestick.
Additionally, you can connect it to Wi-Fi using the remote settings menu.
Read More: How To Leave Review On Etsy
Using Fire TV App On A Different Mobile
If you do not have access to a global or HDMI CEC remote, you can use the Fire TV app to connect your Firestick to Wi-Fi.
Consequently, this strategy requires two devices. Follow these instructions to connect your Firestick to Wi-Fi using this method:
- Install the application for Fire TV on one of the devices.
- Configure the other device’s hotspot with the same SSID and password as your home network.
- Connect the Firestick to the wireless network.
- Ensure that the Fire TV App device is also connected to the hotspot.
- Once both connections are complete, you can operate the Firestick using the Fire TV app.
- Connect the device to the new Wi-Fi network using the app’s settings menu.
- Once it connects to the new network, you can disable or adjust the hotspot.
Using Echo Or Echo Dot, Connect Firestick To Wi-Fi.
Connecting your Firestick to Wi-Fi via Echo or Echo Dot is another option. You can substitute an Amazon Echo or Echo Dot for a second smartphone or tablet.
Using Replacement Remotes
If none work, you should purchase a universal remote or a replacement remote for the Fire Stick.
The remote will not cost you a significant amount of money. If you do not want to purchase one online, you can get the original Fire TV Stick remote from many consumer electronics retailers. If you have a new Fire Stick Remote, it must be paired without the old one.
How Do I Reset My Fire Stick Without A Remote?
Unfortunately, you can’t modify your Fire Stick’s Wi-Fi or other internet settings using Alexa voice control, and you can do so with the following strategies when you’re without your remote:
- The Fire TV smartphone app. You may use the app as a remote to browse the Fire Stick UI.
- A new Fire Stick remote. You can attach up to seven remotes to your Fire Stick.
- A suitable TV remote. You can use some remote controls with HDMI-CEC functionality to explore a Fire Stick and modify settings.
Without Remote Controls Or Additional Devices, How Can I Use A Fire Stick?
If you don’t have a remote or a separate device to design and build a hotspot, you can still operate your Amazon Fire TV Stick in various ways.
- Borrow a device from a third party. As stated previously, you can always ask a member of the hotel staff or another guest for assistance with their smartphone or tablet.
- Try the TV remote in your hotel room. Some remote controls that enable HDMI-CEC can operate Amazon Fire Sticks and other contemporary gadgets.
- Alexa can control your Fire Stick. Alexa voice commands can control your Fire Stick using Amazon’s Echo devices. However, each device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Take A Glance: Why Does HBO Max Keep Buffering
1. How to set up a fire tv without a remote?
- Connect your mobile device and Amazon Fire Stick to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the app on your mobile device and choose the Fire Stick from the list of available devices.
- To the couple, your devices, enter the code that displays on your TV into the app.
2. How do I manually connect my Firestick to Wi-Fi?
- Connect the Fire Stick to your television and an electrical outlet.
- Go to Settings in the menu bar.
- Choose Network.
- Choose your residence’s Wi-Fi network.
- Enter the password for the network.
- Choose Connect.
3. Why does my Firestick keep saying unable to connect?
Occasionally, a simple restart may resolve the issue. Hold the Select button down for at least five seconds. This will initiate pairing mode on the remote. Together, press the Select and Play buttons to restart the device.
4. How do I pair a new remote with my old Firestick?
To use the Add Remote option in Settings > Controllers & Bluetooth Devices, you can connect a new remote.
Also Read: How To Watch Peacock On Firestick