Using a Google Chromecast device, you can easily cast content from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to your smart TV. You no longer have to sacrifice your viewing experience while streaming your favorite movies or TV shows on a smaller screen.
When you try to start Disney Plus on your Chromecast device, you may see an error. “Disney Plus Chromecast not working” or “not available” is the typical error message you will see in the situation that many people are reporting online. Fortunately, you can take a few things to resolve the problem and resume streaming in no time.
The reason for the Disney+ error on your Chromecast with Google TV or previous Chromecast devices will determine how to fix it. In certain circumstances, the problem is caused by the Disney Plus server being unavailable or offline. If not, it might be a problem with your Chromecast streaming devices, such as app data or other issues. The issue is caused by a defective or poor Internet network connection for some users.
It may take some time to figure out what’s causing the Disney+ Chromecast problem. What you can do is attempt the troubleshooting procedure listed below to see if it solves the problem.
Disney+ Is Not Available On This Chromecast Device
To resolve the “Disney Plus is Not Available on this Chromecast Device” streaming issue, first determine if the problem is on their end. Check to see if the Disney Plus server is available. If that’s the case, there’s nothing you can do but wait until Disney addresses the issue. Check for updates on their social media or website.
1. CHECK YOUR WIFI INTERNET CONNECTION
When streaming on the app, the Disney+ error may show if your network connectivity is insufficient. To watch Disney Plus, make sure you have at least 5 Mbps available.
To check your current Internet signal, do a speed test. You might try bypassing your router and connecting straight to your modem to boost your connection. You may also turn off and on your gadgets.
- Turn off your computer or mobile device to power cycle it.
- Disconnect the router and modem.
- Plug them back in and connect to the Internet after waiting at least 1 minute.
- Restart your smartphone and open Disney Plus.
2. RE-LOG INTO YOUR DISNEY PLUS ACCOUNT
It might be a Disney Plus account problem. You might try exiting the app and waiting a few minutes. Then log back in and use your Google Chromecast device to cast a video.
- Launch the Disney+ app or go to the Disney+ website.
- Navigate to your profile section or select your Avatar.
- The hit ‘log out’.
3. CLEAR CACHE ON CHROMECAST
Another cause for the issue- “Disney+ is not available on this Chromecast device error” when streaming Disney Plus could be that the cache data is damaged. Before you may stream on Disney+ again, you must remove and clean them.
- Press the Menu button on your Android TV’s remote.
- Choose your apps.
- Navigate to show System Apps from the options.
- Find built-in Chromecast Built-in, and click to open it.
- Then find and hit on Clear Cache now.
4. UPDATE YOUR CHROMECAST DEVICE FIRMWARE
Another reason behind the “Disney+ is not available on this Chromecast device” could be the outdated app. Your Chromecast device’s firmware or software may require an update to repair bugs and enhance overall performance.
- Connect your Chromecast to your TV and the Internet before updating it.
- Now on your phone, navigate to the Google Home application.
- Locate the Chromecast device.
- Then choose More Options.
- Select Settings.
- Confirm Reboot when the option appears.
- After upgrading, try casting Disney+ again.
If none of the above suggestions work, contact Disney Plus customer service for assistance.
Can You Chromecast Disney Plus?
We certainly can. So the answer to a commonly asked question- does Disney plus work with Chromecast is also yes. But it brings us to the very next question about how to do it.
How To Cast Disney Plus To Chromecast?
Connect a Chromecast device to your TV and stream TV shows and movies from your phone or web browser. A suitable Chromecast device, a television or monitor, and the Disney Plus app on your phone or the Chrome web browser on your computer are required for this process to function. Your computer or phone must also be linked to the same network.
How To Connect Disney Plus To Chromecast With Your Phone Or Tablet
You will first need to install the Disney+ app on your phone or tablet before you stream Disney Plus to a Chromecast. Whether you’re using an Android phone, an iPhone, or an iPad, the method is the same. Without installing the app you cannot go further in the process and follow the steps.
Here’s how to use your phone or tablet to link Disney Plus to Chromecast:
- Ensure your Chromecast is linked to your home network before connecting and setting it up.
- On your phone or tablet, open the Disney Plus app and hit the cast symbol in the top right corner.
- To connect to a Chromecast device, tap it.
- Casting to (Chromecast device) appears in the top left corner when you choose a TV show or movie to view.
How To Stop Casting Disney Plus To Chromecast
You can cease casting to your Chromecast whenever you’re ready. You may continue viewing the movie or program on your phone or tablet, or you can stop it and come back later.
To cease casting, follow these steps:
- In the top right corner of the app, tap the cast symbol.
- STOP CASTING will appear, hit the button to see the confirmation.
- You will no longer see the Casting to (Chromecast device) text, indicating that you are no longer casting.
How To Connect Disney Plus To Chromecast Using A Computer
You can use your computer if you don’t want to cast from your phone or don’t have a phone or tablet capable of casting. The Chrome web browser is required for this to operate.
To link Disney Plus to Chromecast from your PC, follow these steps:
- Connect and set up your Chromecast, making sure it’s linked to your network.
- Use the Chrome web browser to go to Disneyplus.com and then click the menu icon (three vertical dots) in the top right corner.
- Select Cast.
- To connect to a Chromecast device, click it.
- Disney Plus movies and shows you watch in the online browser will be cast to your Chromecast when the TV symbol next to your Chromecast changes to a bullseye icon.
How Can I Watch Disney Plus On My TV?
You may either install the Disney+ app on your Smart TV or cast content from your phone or computer to the TV using Chromecast. If you haven’t been able to link Disney+ to your TV yet, try the way below to do it using your iPhone.
How To Connect Disney Plus To Tv From iPhone?
If you are an iPhone user and have an Apple TV, instead of Chromecast, you will need to take the same steps for Airplay. The same technology for iOS is called Airplay and is found at the same spot as the Chromecast on Android devices. Follow the steps to connect to Apple TV using Airplay.
- Launch the Disney+ application.
- Select the video you wish to view.
- Play the video.
- Select the Airplay option. (It may be found at the top of the screen.)
- From the options of all the available devices in the vicinity select the Apple TV that you want to connect.
- Once connected, you will see your favorite show or movie playing on the screen directly from your phone.
Can I Get Disney Plus On My Chromecast?
You may wirelessly stream Disney+ content from your Android or iOS mobile device to your TV using Chromecast or Apple Airplay.
Why Can’t I Cast Disney+ On My TV?
If your network is too sluggish or not connected, your device or Disney Plus app is old, the Disney Plus server is offline, the app cache is full, there are too many applications open, your audio settings are incompatible, or your HDMI connection is loose or incorrect, Disney Plus may not operate on Chromecast.
Why Is Disney Plus Not Available On My Chromecast Device?
It’s an error message that gets shown for different reasons. While finding the reason may not always be possible, try the troubleshooting methods above to solve the issue and get rid of the “disney+ is not available on this Chromecast device”.