There is nothing more frustrating than the Roku Remote volume not working issue. While utilizing a device, one may encounter technical difficulties, such as a non-functioning volume button.
If the volume button does not function when the device connects, and the batteries are in good condition, there is a significant issue with the volume button.
Every day, the ever-changing world of technology introduces innovations, but it does not mean that users of new technologies will never encounter problems. The same is true of Roku.
Although the company has been on the market for a long time and continuously enhances its technology, people continue encountering problems using its products.
The Roku remote is created using cutting-edge technology, yet many consumers have had difficulties using it. Roku remote volume not working is one such problem. Various solutions to this problem are provided in the next section.
Why Is Roku Volume Not Working?
Check the television’s volume level and mute settings. Ensure that the mute button is NOT down and that the volume is set to an audible level. If you need assistance, consult the manufacturer’s documentation for your TV. If using a composite cable, ensure that the audio connectors on both ends are securely linked.
Also Read: How To Turn On A Roku TV Without The Remote
Ways To Fix Roku Remote Volume Not Working
There are multiple potential causes for the Roku remote volume not working issue. Examine the section below to discover how to resolve this issue.
1. Launching The Remote Control System
When the volume button on your Roku remote stops working, you must open it and inspect its interior. This includes more than just inspecting the batteries; you must also inspect other components.
Disassemble your remote control using a screwdriver, thoroughly clean it, and reassemble it. There is a possibility that the issue is due to dust accumulation near the battery location.
2. Try Pressing Buttons Randomly
This is an odd trick, but it works. Sometimes, when you press the remote’s buttons with greasy fingers, liquid or dust collects on the surface of the buttons, rendering them inoperable.
Remove the batteries from your remote and push each button for two to three seconds. Once you have completed pressing each button, press each button randomly. Repeat it numerous times.
You must repeat the same procedure multiple times in a row. This answer will undoubtedly assist you in solving your problem. If that does not work, then proceed to the next option.
3. Try to Resolve Sound-Related Problems
If none of the above solutions help you resolve your issue, you must check the following items.
- Please ensure that all audio-capable devices are connected to Roku.
- Disconnect all unnecessary gadgets.
- You must check the brand and audio capabilities of your television.
- If you see that your remote control is becoming hot, you must stop using it and let it cool.
4. Try Using Other Codes
Follow the instructions below to test different codes.
- Initially, you must examine the remote’s settings.
- Select Yes if you hear music.
- The screen will then display a notice stating that the music has ceased. Then, choose Yes.
- If you can hear the music, pick No in the fourth step. Then, a message saying “Enter the brand name of your TV” will be shown.
- Once you have completed entering your brand, the music will play again. If you listen to the music, select Yes.
Recommend: How To Add HBO Max To Vizio Smart Tv
How Do You Set Up The Volume On Roku Without a Remote?
- If your mobile phone is not already connected to your WIFI network, connect it to it.
- Download the ROKU TV app from Google Play or the App Store.
- Select your ROKU device from the list, and a complete virtual remote will appear on your mobile device.
Roku Remote Volume Control?
The Roku remote control can occasionally encounter issues. Even so, the volume buttons usually continue to function, but if they don’t, here are some solutions.
- Replace the batteries if the volume buttons are inactive; it may be that the batteries are dead.
- Are the buttons inoperable? If you have young children or if the remote is old, the volume buttons may be stuck. Use a mild cleanser or wet wipes to remove any grease or grime from the control, and then repeatedly press the volume buttons to remove any residue.
- Is your television muted? The remote may have adjusted the volume (based on the on-screen display), but it has no effect. In this instance, your television may be muted. Use your primary TV remote to unmute the device and see if the problem is resolved.
- If your Roku remote has lost sync with your Roku streaming stick, try pairing it again. This can occasionally restore the remote’s functionality and allow you to change the volume again.
- Do you use the app? If Private Listening is enabled, the audio will be routed to your smartphone or headphones instead of the television. Turn off Private Listening to restore sound to your television.
Frequently Asked Questions-
1. How do I get my Roku remote to control my TV volume?
Unplug the device and its power cable to reset the Roku, pause for 10 seconds, and reconnect. This may restore the remote’s functionality, allowing you to change the volume.
2. How do I adjust the volume on my Roku?
If only the Roku menu is silent, ensure that the menu volume is not disabled. Firstly, move to the Settings > Audio > Menu volume. You may need to investigate why your Roku TV will not switch on if you cannot hear sound and see a picture.
3. Why doesn’t my Roku remote have a volume button?
The Roku control is used exclusively for streaming. The TV remote must still be used to adjust the volume.
4. Does Roku have a remote with volume control?
If your TV is compatible, you may now use your Roku Enhanced Remote to switch it on and off and adjust the volume.
Take Glance At: How To Connect Firestick To Wifi Without Remote