On Windows computers, the Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) is a common problem. The BSOD error with the stop code dpc_watchdogs_violation is the most vexing of the bunch.
It has the ability to lock your computer and prevent you from accessing it. Consider trying to work on your computer while it is locked. The Watchdog is a bug scanner that monitors both background and foreground processes on your computer.
As it refers to the process of lower-level IRQL codes being executed, the DPC enables the required driver to organize the Interrupt Service Routine (ISR) quickly. You could also try updating and replacing the iastor.sys driver or running a full system scan.
DPC Watchdog Violation (error code: DPC Watchdog Violation) is a common problem in Windows. It happened for various reasons, including unsupported SSD firmware, an outdated SSD driver version, hardware incompatibility issues, or corrupted system files.
What Is The DPC Watchdog Violation Error?
The Deferred Procedure Call (DPC) is a Windows feature that handles system interruptions (OS). The DPC’s primary function is to allow a task to begin on your computer but not complete it due to a request from the highly prioritized interrupt request level (IRQL)
When Watchdog has to wait for more than 100 microseconds (ms) without receiving a response, the DPC Watchdog Violation error occurs. If the bug checker does not respond, the error message appears as a watchdog blue screen of Death.
What Are The Main Causes Of The DPC Watchdog Violation Error?
- The driver may be elderly, corrupt, or absent. An incompetent driver is one of the most common causes of computer problems. You can remove it or upgrade it to prevent the problem from recurring.
- When you run a video in your browser, for example, the absence of the video card driver can cause the DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION in your computer. The operating system determines that your hardware is incompatible.
- Your operating system may not support the hardware. This incompatibility can lead to a variety of problems with software and computer performance.
- The SSD firmware is no longer up to date. The SSD drivers and firmware must be current. There is a possibility that the old firmware is the source of this problem on your computer.
- You may have corrupt system files. Corrupt system files can be the source of a variety of problems on your computer. You may be unable to boot properly. Two applications may be having issues with one another.
- Some software may clash with other programs on the computer. For example, you cannot run two antivirus programs at the same time for DPC watchdog violation windows 11.
Locating The Source Of The DPC Watchdog Violation Error
It may be easier to resolve the problem if you identify the source of the problem. Using the minidump file, you can determine what caused the DPC Watchdog Violation error and where it originated.
The minidump is a report that contains critical information about a system crash.
The minidump is saved in C: Windows Minidump and can be accessed using the Event Viewer by performing the following steps:
- To access the Quick Link menu
- right-click the Start button
- Then Press the Windows key + X on your keyboard
- To open it, select the Event Viewer option
- Expand the Custom Views section on the left pane
- select Administrative Events
Where Should You Locate Your Details Tab?
- Locate the BSoD for which you want to see details in the Number of Events list
- To view all the information about it,
- Click on it and then click the Details tab.
- Make a note of the Event ID and search for it on the internet
Each Event ID code represents a distinct identity of a problem. There are numerous forums and communities on the internet that will provide you with additional information about the error.
Methods To Fix The DPC Watchdog Violation Error
Here are 5 fixes for preventing the DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION-
- Change SATA AHCI controller driver
- Update all available drivers
- Check hardware and software compatibility
- Perform a disk check
- Run Event Viewer
The DPC Watchdog Violation blue screen error can be frightening.
If you encounter this specific stop code error, you can take the following steps:
- Disconnect any external devices that are connected to the computer.
- Update the firmware on your SSD.
- Replace iaStorA.sys with Storahci.sys.
- Perform a Check Disk scan (CHKDSK)
- Run a System File Check (SFC scan)
- DISM can be used to repair the system image files.
- Update your operating system.
- Uninstall Applications that were recently installed
- Completely scan the PC
- Troubleshoot the Blue Screen of Death
- Restart your computer.
1) Troubleshoot The Blue Screen Of Death
In most cases, troubleshooting can not only locate the problem but also resolve it. Most computer components have a dedicated troubleshooter.
- To access the Windows Settings, press the Windows key + I.
- Open the Start menu and select Settings from the left panel.
- Navigate to the Update & Security settings.
- Select Troubleshoot from the list on the left.
- Choose the Blue Screen option. There is a chance that you will not see this option.
If you can’t find it, click the Additional Troubleshooter link down below. You should be able to find it in the Find and Repair Other Issues section.
Check More: Ways To Lock And Unlock Apple Watch
2) Completely Scan The Computer
By removing unwanted files from your system, a system scan can assist you in resolving the DPC Watchdog Violation. If you have antivirus software, you can use it to run a full system scan. You can scan the PC using the Windows Security settings if you do not have an antivirus.
- Enter Windows Security in the taskbar’s search box
- Select the best result
- As an alternative, go to Settings > Updates & Security > Windows Security tab > Open Windows Security
- On the left, select the Virus & Threat Protection option
- Click on the Full scan radio circle after opening the Scan options link
3) Uninstall The Recently Installed Apps
Newly installed software may clash with the hardware or other software, resulting in the DPC Watchdog Violation. You can resolve this by removing them from your computer.
- Enter “Add or Remove Programs” in the Start menu
- When you open the first result, you will see a list of all the programs on your computer
- Locate the program that you believe is causing the DPC Watchdog violation
- Tap the app in the list and select Uninstall to launch the app’s uninstall wizard
4) Download Windows Operating System Updates
The fix for the DPC Watchdog violation may be included in a new version of the Windows operating system. Even if it does not, it is preferable to keep the IS up to date.
- Open Windows Settings
- Start menu or a shortcut (Windows + I)
- Navigate to the Updates & Security section
- Click the Check for Updates button in the Windows
- Update tab on the left panel
5) Start The Command Prompt
Start the command prompt with administrative privileges. This means you can make significant changes to the Windows operating system on your computer.
Enter the following commands one at a time, pressing the Enter key after each one: DISM.exe /Online /Image-cleanup /Scanhealth. This command resolves the issues raised by the previous command line.
6) Run A System File Check (SFC Scan)
The System File Checker (SFC) utility scans the computer for corrupt files and restores the safe versions of them.
To Use This Tool, Follow These Steps:
- As the system administrator, start the Command Prompt tool.
- Search for command prompt
- cmd in the results
- select Run as Administrator
- Enter the following command
- Press Enter on your keyboard: scan now /SFC
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I fix DPC watchdog violation error?
Ans1. Scanning and repairing Windows system files can sometimes help to resolve DPC Watchdog Violation errors on your computer. Open the Command Prompt program as an administrator to scan and repair system files. Then, type SFC /scannow and press Enter.
Q2. Is DPC watchdog violation serious?
Ans2. Actually, a DPC watchdog violation is not a virus. On a Windows PC, it is an error that can result in a blue screen of death. This error may occur if you install an incompatible driver or unsupported SSD firmware on your PC. It will scan and repair errors in your Windows system automatically.
Q3. How do I fix DPC watchdog violation when connecting to WIFI?
Ans3. Users will need to restart after exiting Device Manager. Windows 10 should detect and reinstall the network adapter. Examine your connection and browsing capabilities. Scroll to the bottom of the page and then click Network reset.
Q4. What causes DPC watchdog violations?
Ans4. In most cases, this error occurs when your device driver(s) are out of date or incorrectly installed. DPC Watchdog, for example, will alert you if you haven’t installed the video card driver for your new operating system. When you try to watch a video online, you could easily violate the law.